Australian Government contributions to the wellbeing of Australians
Family Tax Benefit paid by the Australian Government was 17. 25 billion in 2009
- This equals $3,655 per child per year
- There are 4.65 million children under 18 in Australia.
Childcare costs paid by the Australian Government was 2 .10 billion in 2007
Child Care Tax Rebate paid by the Australian Government was 1.185 billion in 2009
- There are approximately 1.36 million children under 5
The Australian Government’s expenditure on the baby bonus 1.45 billion in 2008/09
The Australian Government’s expenditure on aged care places in 2008-09 was $9.1billion
The Australian Government funds more than 220,000 aged care places
The Australian Government expenditure on aged community care in 2009 was 2.17billion
Then we come to disability services
- neglected by the Commonwealth -
The Australian Government expenditure on disability services was 856 million nationally in 2008 for all services (excluding employment services ) – residential care, community care, respite care and intervention services. This is just $1,222 per head, $21.00 each per week or $3.00 per day per head.
- There are 700,00 people eligible for these services
- The Australian government collects 82% of all tax revenue
How fair is that?